UWScience & Consulting
is a company that offers
with in-depth expertise for all stages of the software development process including
- scientific and engineering software development in Java, Scala, Python and MATLAB,
implementation of efficient mathematical and numerical algorithms,
help whenever a project at the same time needs a scientific/mathematical mindset and in-depth IT knowledge
- performance tuning in existing software systems which helps to significantly reduce costs
that originate from unsuited algorithms employed, redundant operations performed or ever growing
data graveyards. This will help to cut operational costs for power and maintenance by up to 50% and additionally brings sustainability to your companies IT architecture, especially in connection with the Big Data paradigm and the related aspect of High Performance Data Analysis (HPDA)
e.g. within the Hadoop ecosystem.
- in depth-knowledge of high-performance computing (HPC) software cluster and solutions, performance optimizations on modern multi-core CPUs and numerical accelerators, large-scale parallelization strategies, efficient mathematical algorithms etc.
In addition to that we perform basic
in the area of computational modeling
of chemical reaction processes using modern software tools. At present, our research is primarily involved in
- The design of novel algorithms for numerically efficient reactive molecular dynamics (MD) simulations in
- The implementation of these algorithms into an object-oriented molecular dynamics software package developed by UWScience
- The application of such simulations to basic scientific research in the broad range of nano-sized molecular systems like e.g.
green energy (hydrogen) storage devices, the photosynthetic reaction center, ion channels, membranes, proteins in aqueous solution etc.
© Dr. Udo Schmitt. All rights reserved.